Repair Services for Chips and Cracks
Windshield repair is the most cost-effective way to fix your broken, chipped, or cracked windshield. Windshield chip repairs, however, are only possible when the outer layer of the laminated windshield is damaged and the damage is no larger than the size of a quarter.
Keep in mind that you should always try to repair your damaged or chipped windshield within 24 hours. By doing this you avoid the break being contaminated or worse the break getting bigger. Once the rock chip spreads beyond its initial size the windshield chip is no longer repairable and the entire windshield will have to be replaced.
FREE AUTO GLASS QUOTES
Simply fill out our convenient online form to receive a free auto glass quote from San Antonio Auto Glass!
The Windshield Repair Process
- The break is assessed to determine if it is repairable.
- Any loose surface debris or micro pieces of glass are removed.
- In most cases a small hole is drilled at the impact point using a carbide diamond drill bit.
- Using a Bridge Injector Assembly a tight seal is placed on the drilled hole.
- Vacuum pressure is applied to the break through the drilled hole to remove air, moisture and contaminants.
- A specially formulated windshield repair resin is injected into the break.
- Some stubborn breaks require this process to be repeated.
- Once the break is filled, the Bridge Injector Assembly is removed and any residual windshield repair resin cleaned.
- A drop of Specific Pit Filler Resin is applied and held in place using a Mylar square.
- An ultra violet lamp or natural sunlight is used to cure the windshield repair special resin.
- Once cured the Mylar square is removed and excess resin is scraped using a razor blade until flush with the windshield surface.
- If needed, a special windshield pit polish is applied and buffed to a shine.
CALL TODAY: 210-977-9977
San Antonio Auto Glass is here to help you with all of your auto glass needs.
Let our team of experienced professionals fix your broken auto glass. Stop by our shop in San Antonio or call us to make an appointment and we can come to your location.